The Fifth Regiment Armory was designed by architects Wyatt and Nolting in 1901 and opened in 1903. It was the first armory built by the State of Maryland for the National Guard at a cost of $300,000. It is the largest of the 37 armories in the state and it is also a historic landmark. The armory was the site of the National Democratic Convention in 1912, which nominated Woodrow Wilson for President. A fire destroyed much of the armory in 1933. The armory currently houses an extensive museum of Maryland National Guard artifacts.
Though the city of Detroit may have lost a little of its luster as the automotive capital of the world, the 2013 Auto Show still draws hundreds of exhibits and press from around the world to look at what’s the latest and greatest on wheels. The newest trends are revealed and awards are handed out to the top cars and trucks for 2013.